Friday, December 30, 2016

Yemenite babies: Released data show negligence


Newly-released documents show that the authorities were guilty of gross negligence, but not state-sanctioned kidnappings in the saga of the disappeared  Yemenite children. The Times of Israel reports: 

As the Israeli public and media began perusing hundreds of thousands of newly released documents pertaining to the missing “Yemenite Children Affair,” early reports on the files from a 2001 government inquiry appeared to dispel notions of state-sponsored abductions of children during the early years of the state as has been alleged by many Yemenite families.

The declassified documents point to numerous cases of children being taken away from their families to receive medical treatment without parental approval, proper documentation, and identification procedures. Families subsequently lost all trace of their loved ones, with deaths going unreported and children being put up for adoption after authorities claimed their families had disappeared.

Read article in full


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Actually, the evidence DOES point to a conspiracy as the documents publicized are on new forms that were not available in the 1950's. The documents are ONLY from those who testified at the 3 different investigations (& none of those investigations had teeth). This sounds very much like whoever complained received a newly created document with some type of excuse. Those who did not testify have reported that there was NO documentation of their KIDNAPPED relatives. My family lost 3 babies, one was returned after my father in-law threatened to kill a guard unless he told him where the babies had been taken which was Qibbutz 'Ein Shemen where my father in-law found a TRUCK full of young Jewish kids & took his off. When was the last time you heard about a truck of Jewish children?